1st attempt at motion timelapse - featuring some prominent landmarks in Singapore

pettypoh

shot last year - using d3100

[video=vimeo;41419191]http://www.vimeo.com/41419191[/video]

Your Singapore 2012 on YouTube > Singapore Motion Time Lapse (Hyperlapse) Video 2012 - YouTube

Your Singapore - Motion Timelapse 2012

Nikon D3100
Nikkor 18-55mm
Nikkor 10-24mm
ND4, ND8, GND

music: The Courteeners - Take Over The World

- first attempt at motion timelapse, featured locations include -
singapore cbd, marina bay sands, the esplanade, singapore flyer, raffles hotel, asian civilisations museum, singapore arts museum, chjimes, national museum, parkview square, bugis junction, rochor flats, school of the arts, kwan im thong temple, novena square, orchard road, ion orchard, wheelock place, ck tangs, shaw house (lido), clarke quay, central shopping mall, boat quay & (big bird), esplanade bridge, orchard road / scotts road cross junction

Dave_W

The Dude
That's awesome! How did you achieve the movement of the camera while taking these shots? And what was the time interval between shots?

Blade Canyon

That was your FIRST attempt? Wow. Fantastic! How did you pan/tilt/zoom/move the camera during the shooting? Did you use motorized devices or did you have to do it all manually?

pettypoh

hi all,

thanks for your comments =)

the equipments used include the list above plus a tripod and intervalometer, no other equipments used

movements - manually moving the tripod

intervals - i can't remember exactly, but should be around 6 to 10 seconds or so (to allow enough time to move)

thanks for watching

Epoc

Welcome :cool: I tried to view the video but it said "not available on this platform" I use Ipad !

This happens when You Tube recognises copyrighted music. Don't ask me why, but it only seems to effect mobile devices. Remove the copyrighted music and its available to all platforms.

Last edited:

Somersetscott

WOW! and with a D3100 - classed as 'entry level' but in the right hands the output/work can look 'pro' :)

That must have taken lots of time and patience, good on ya!

Awesome! -looking forward to seeing more of your work!

WeeHector

Brilliant work. Shows how great a camera the D3100 is. However, it isn't the camera which takes the photo; it's the guy behind it and this shows extreme talent and dedication. Hope to see more of your work soon.

pettypoh

hi all,

thanks for your comments, much appreciated

project took about 1 month or so (shooting after work and on weekends mainly)

software - after effects ... as i didn't learn to use premiere pro yet

WeeHector

hi all,

thanks for your comments, much appreciated

project took about 1 month or so (shooting after work and on weekends mainly)

software - after effects ... as i didn't learn to use premiere pro yet

Just one small question. Can AE deal directly with H264 or do you convert it to another format beforehand?

pettypoh

Just one small question. Can AE deal directly with H264 or do you convert it to another format beforehand?

hi, yes i do think so .. although i mainly "export" to h.264 via AE (instead of import)

i have tried exporting in many different formats (mov, avi, wmv) but i do think that mpeg4 via h.264 seems to be the "most balanced" of all in terms of quality and size

my friends tell me to export lossless, but the files are just too big for storage > for my pc setup

hope that helps