Newbie From Alabama

str8rcn

Hi everyone.

Just a quick intro. I'm Craig from Prattville , AL. I ran into Super Moderator Don Kuykendall the other day and even though we've known each other for a while now we didn't know we shared a love of photography until yesterday so he told me about this site. I shoot a d5100 and also have a d60 and I mainly shoot architecture, outdoors, automobiles, and now that I have a 1 year old daughter I shoot A LOT of her.

I'm just a hobbyist and use Lightroom, Aperture and iPhoto for my post processing.

I look forward to contributing to the community.

Thanks

Untitled by str8rcn, on Flickr

Whiskeyman

Hi, Craig. Welcome to nikonites.

Since you mentioned automobiles, I'll ask you. I was at Maxwell AFB in 1995 for SOS, and while there, I visited a car museum called "The Automobile Museum of the Southeast." It was out near one of the malls in town, and had a wonderful collection of vehicles. I've looked online to find information of it and always come away empty. Do you know anything about it?

WM

Last edited:

str8rcn

Hi, Craig. Welcome to nikonites.

Since you mentioned automobiles, I'll ask you. I was at Maxwell AFB in 1995 for SOS, and while there, I visited a car museum called "The Automobile Museum of the Southeast." It was out near one of the malls in town, and had a wonderful collection of vehicles. I've looked online to find information of it and always come away empty. Do you know anything about it?

WM

It's no longer there. It was basically a personal collection from Mr Story. He and his son are very involved in racing classic Camaros now. As far as I know he still has most of the cars buy they are in his personal garage now.

Welcome to the forum

If you fill out your profile we can better answer any questions that you might have.
You can do that at http://nikonites.com/profile.php?do=editprofile

Some useful links
http://support.nikonusa.com/app/ans.../nikon-product-manuals-available-for-download
Nikon | Imaging Products | Digitutor

So glad you joined us here. This is a great group with many very knowledgeable people. I am always excited to find people that share my love of photography. Can't wait to see more of your photography here.

fotojack

Welcome to the big show, Craig! ;) Glad you could join us. I'm sure you'll have fun here, and maybe pick up a tip or two. Have fun. :)

Hi everyone.

Just a quick intro. I'm Craig from Prattville , AL. I ran into Super Moderator Don Kuykendall the other day and even though we've known each other for a while now we didn't know we shared a love of photography until yesterday so he told me about this site. I shoot a d5100 and also have a d60 and I mainly shoot architecture, outdoors, automobiles, and now that I have a 1 year old daughter I shoot A LOT of her.

I'm just a hobbyist and use Lightroom, Aperture and iPhoto for my post processing.

I look forward to contributing to the community.

Thanks

Untitled by str8rcn, on Flickr

Now where is this building? I don't think it is in our town.

Whiskeyman

It's no longer there. It was basically a personal collection from Mr Story. He and his son are very involved in racing classic Camaros now. As far as I know he still has most of the cars buy they are in his personal garage now.

Thank you, Craig. I consider myself fortunate to have visited Mr Story's collection several times while I was there. It always amazed me that there wasn't a charge for admission. It was, still is I assume, an amazing collection.

WM