For those interested in buying a D7000 .. Very positive review on Ken Rockwell's site

Ruidoso Bill

Think there will be a lot of D3's and D700's and D300's about to hit the streets? I doubt it. I think that is less than I paid for my D200 5 years ago.

I don't see much on the ruggedness of construction other than small and light.

johnwartjr

I'm sure the D7000 is a great camera.
I am glad to see some actual data on Ken's site about this one, so it's not another review of a product that he hasn't actually touched!

I get great images out of the bodies I have, I have some lens purchases I'd like to make and some other gear I'd like to purchase. Don't see me looking at another body for at least a year, unless I get some serious business and need another body for that reason - and at that point, I'm probably looking at another D700 or a D3 series!

ZakSaenzPhotography

Nikon D7000

I think he might be a bit over enamoured in his review, but Ken seems to really like the D7000 and points out just how strong an offering Nikon tabled this time around.

I read some of his stuff but have never been a big fan of his. I think he is wrong about a lot of things and what is with that D700 image. Mine shoots much better than that.

Zak

Curt

Well, I will wait and get feedback from new D7000 owners. These are the ppl. that will know. Reviews are fine, but I want to hear from real D7000 owners on how they like the camera :).

Carolina Photo Guy

I can picture Ken and his D7000 sharing a plate of pasta in front of a roaring fire, the neck strap of the 7000 slipped seductively low on the frame...

Yep. They REALLY need that room!

LOL!

Pete

Ranie

Curt

Great detailed review of the D7000, I watched parts 1, 2, & 3. . As I have no use for video features on a DSLR, I did not bother with part 4. But it was very good information to help me decide on whether or not to bother with the D7000. As I had said before, one always gets mixed signals on a product such as this. But one should be armed with as much information as possible before purchasing a new product. I did enjoy the video review and I think it will help me on deciding to upgrade to the D7000, or just stay with what I have for now.

AfterImage

That was a good review, I actually learned a few things along the way. I wonder, however, if changing the D7000 into CL mode at 5FPS would allow for a huge buffer like was being described on the 60D. If that is the case then the review is mildly canted towards the 60D. If you can run near endless 5FPS on both camera BUT the D7000 allows for a short stint of 6FPS then I say favor goes to Nikon. Curious that this was not a tested in the review.

Sesame

If that is the case then the review is mildly canted towards the 60D

hhhhmmm, maybe,

I'm new so please forgive my ignorance, but I noticed the Credits were possibly suggesting a Canon bias???

Credits
All four videos were filmed around the Queenstown area in New Zealand's South Island. Most of the location-based footage was filmed by Stefan Haworth using a Canon EOS 5D Mark II and EF 50mm f1.2L lens, with audio captured by Rode SVM and AKG C1000S microphones; check out Stefan's Tapped NZ site, featuring some great photos and videos shot around Queenstown. The Shotover Jet locations were filmed by Peter Elliston using a Canon HV30 HDV camcorder; check out Peter's various photographic galleries and movie projects. Many thanks to both Stefan and Peter for their work in this project. All video was edited using Adobe Premiere CS5 running under Windows 7 64 bit. We'd also like to thank Shotover Jet, Dorothy Brown's cinema and Vudu Cafe for their co-operation while filming.