Sb-900 vs. SB-910

clarnibass

Hi

Other than the supposedly fixed issue of the 900 flash "resting" after working hard, is there a significant difference between these flashes?

I have a Yongnuo 568EX which is excellent, but I want another flash to use two flashes. For various reasons I prefer not to get another 568EX. I prefer the power of the 900/910 vs. the 700 and prefer the controls over the 800.

For whatever reason, the 900 and 910 cost almost exactly the same new, but there is a 900 for sale used for a significantly lower price.

With the way I use the flash, I am not sure if the issue will really be an issue. I usually don't take several photos in a row with flash. I also don't take hundreds of photos in a short time.

Will I get any advantage with the 910 that it's worth paying much more for it?

Thank you

Last edited:

FastGlass

If I were to choose between the two, I would go for the 910. The user interface is differant on the 910, more user freindly. Plus you get 3 light modes to controll the spead of the output of light. You are right in assuming the resting period would'nt be seen by alot of users so that would'nt be a game changer for me. If money is not an issue I would get the 910.

RobertsPhotog

I always have two 910s in my bag. And there have been a few times that they have surprised me outdoors with their output. Like the person above me said, there are software advantages to the 910 as well. B&H has an awesome video review of it on YouTube.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

clarnibass

Maybe I should clarify a bit.

The 910 is $500 new for gray market, $550 through official distributer.

The 900 for sale is gray market with some months of warrenty left, for about $350. A new one also costs $500 (for gray market, I can't find an official distributer 900 new anymore).

I won't buy a new 910 anyway. I might buy in the future when a lightly used one is for sale (none right now). I just don't want to regret getting the 900 now... then once the 910 is updated, the 900 will truely be a piece of history junk because of its overheating issue...