Monitor

Nobby clark

Really new to photography, and also living in Ecuador. My monitor has 'dimmed' out. I can still see my photos but extremely washed out and dim. The same thing happens when I try using the monitor for taken a shot. I cannot tell if the few recent photos were clear limited visual, at the same time the View NX2 program will not allow me to download, a runtime error message pops up, I have had no problems until recently, and have been using to Nikon lens and two generics with T2 adapters. Any suggestions? Nikon help line bent my ear for using generics and not much else. Battery charged,two cards, formatted correctly been installed 3 months, tried to revert back to manufacturers settings as well.
Thanks.
Blind as a bat monitor.

Nobby clark

new to forum scene as well, yes I did mean the LCD on the back, top LCD seems to be perfect, but that doesn't show the photos..... I hope!

Bill16

Welcome to the forum! I sincerely hope our knowledgeable members or staff can help you solve your LCD issue. :)
There are a lot of great people here and I hope you'll enjoy being here as much as I do! :D

Nobby clark

When I try to download via ViewNX2, I get an error message from 'runtime' which stops me from perform the down load, stopping the transfer. I'm try to figure whether its the camera that's causing this problem (along with the dimmed screen) or there is a glitch in the computer software. All my previous downloads were perfect and what I had expected (must admit my camera settings will need working on..a lot of working on).

JohnFrench

When I try to download via ViewNX2, I get an error message from 'runtime' which stops me from perform the down load, stopping the transfer. I'm try to figure whether its the camera that's causing this problem (along with the dimmed screen) or there is a glitch in the computer software. All my previous downloads were perfect and what I had expected (must admit my camera settings will need working on..a lot of working on).
Take the SD cards out of the camera to download them that way, then uninstall and re-install the NX2 software. See if that helps.

Nobby clark

Re-installed the NX2 but still getting the error from runtime, I have been talking to Nikon (internet) so far all they have come up with is a load of camera instructions from the manual, I'm sorry but I can read and comprehend, guess I am feeling a little lost and frustrated as Nikon & Microsoft each tell me to contact the other. I think this is a little deeper. Have not tried to download the SD cards straight to the computer yet.

LouCioccio

Try running in safe mode and see if you get the runtime error. It may be a conflict with other software?
Also are you familiar with command msconfig?
This way (msconfig) you can stop certain apps from loading); you are trying to isolate what may be or not causing a run time error.

You could also run malware byte (free) and even super anti spyware and I am assuming all your virus defs are up to date. You want to rule out any other software that may be causing you problems. Such as tool bars loaded on your browser.

Hope this helps.

Also do a search fro run time errors.

Ciao,
Lou Cioccio

JohnFrench

Downloading the SD cards straight to the computer is probably easier than using NX2. I have done it since day one.

Last edited:

Somersetscott

Another option is logging onto Nikon.com and download the latest firmware version for the D7000 and then follow the instructions to upgrade - this maybe won't fix your problem if it is a physical problem with the LCD screen but it may sort out a software/firmware corruption.. - Won't work if you've already got the latest version.

just a thought :confused:

best of luck, hope it is an easy fix

Nobby clark

That's another step to take, not feeling to confident on the matter at all, not at all chuffed with the Nikon 'techs' the final reply is send it back, obviously did not read where we were (Ecuador) otherwise they would understand the cost for shipping both ways is astronomical, if and that's a big if, your camera will get passed customs without being flinched. Will check and try, thanks.

Perle

​Hi Nobby Clark,

I'm sorry to hear about your concern. I imagine how frustrating that must be.

Isn't there any professionnal photograph who could help you around your place?

I usually watch my photos with Windows Live Gallery by inserting the SD card in the computer. you should try to do the same. If the photos are ok, I think it would probably mean that it's "only" a problem with the LCD.

Did you try to reset your D7000?

​Well I'm probably of no help, but I hope you will soon get the solution.