We Teach them Young!

Sambr

ZSD_1899.jpg

Krs_2007

Knowledge beats curiosity every time when it comes to guns. I started teaching my kids at a very early age. It's actually a great hobby and great bonding.

fotojack

My father was a weapons tech in the army many moons ago. I learned about guns from a very early age. The first gun I ever shot was a Lee Enfield 30-30. Man, what a kick it had! lol Had a few 22's along the way, too, but I don't own any guns now. Don't see any point in it....except maybe to hunt......if I was starving to death.

Deezey

A good way to have fun is join an Appleseed event!! And you get a good history lesson too.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

Sambr

My father was a weapons tech in the army many moons ago. I learned about guns from a very early age. The first gun I ever shot was a Lee Enfield 30-30. Man, what a kick it had! lol Had a few 22's along the way, too, but I don't own any guns now. Don't see any point in it....except maybe to hunt......if I was starving to death.

​I am the same now. Rather hunt with the D4 than my Browning - however I will go out with my brother and nephew once or twice during hunting season.

STM

Not a thing in the world wrong with teaching gun safety and marksmanship young. Both my daughters used to shoot my .22 when they were and enjoyed it. My youngest daughter was a pretty good shoot too!

ABN Panzer

:encouragement:
Heck yeah!
Have had both my girls going to the range with me. Started them shooting archery with me for the last year and after they showed they could / would handle the responsibility have taken them to the rifle range.

About to by my 9yr old her own 10/22. The 6yr old will have to wait a few years but will continue to shoot mine.
Teach 'em young to respect the responsibilities and capabilities and you stand a much better chance of avoiding tragedy later on .