Need help! ERR code will not go away!

Junkyardspecial

Quick story, Brought my camera to the keys and left it in a ziploc in case of water, let it sit in the bag, incide my backpack out of the sun for about an hour outside. Went to use it and now it has an ERR code anytime a lens is put on. It works just as a camera body and if the lens is half attached. Once the contacts are fully connected, it ERR's on me and I cant use it. I tried cleaning contacts and that did nothing. Has this happened to anyone?

Thanks for the help

Junkyardspecial

Sorry Its a D5000, normal kit lens. I was doing some research and I thought the ERR flashing on the screen was the code? Anything else you need to know let me know!

Junkyardspecial

Thanks Ill get on the profile. Yeah I cleaned with a qtip and 90% Iso alcohol. Did it twice let it air dry for about 15 minutes and nothing. tried a telephoto lens and nothing changed. I also tried the removal of the battery and SD card and that did nothing :(

If there was any moisture in the air and there would have been if you meant the Florida Keys and you closed it up in a bag in a hot location then you could have gotten the moisture (condensation) in the body and on the circuit board. How long ago did this happen? Hopefully leaving the battery in it did not fry a circuit. If it was recent like today then you might try removing the battery and putting it in a dry cool but not cold place and see if it will dry out. Treat the same way as you would with a wet camera. Since the battery was left in it might or might not work if this is the problem.

Junkyardspecial

This happened saturday. I stopped trying to use the camera and tried to dry it out over night with all things removed and cap on the body but to no avail. Moisture is my guess and im hoping its not what happened.

Ijustwant1

It might be worth looking at your home / contents insurance ! Mine will cover accidental damage to my camera in the house and anywhere in Australia , if it does, get the money add a few bucks more for an upgrade , D800 ;-)