AF Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8D

Debrus

I just purchased a used Micro- 105mm f/2.8 lens and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with it. I didn't want to spend lot of money on this lens so I didn't get the VR one. I think this one will get me started and I won't use it all of the time since I have other lenses that I use. Thanks for any information.

evan447

the micro-nikkor 105 af-d is a fine lens. good and sharp, stops down better than the af-s vr version and is lighter and more compact. the af-s version does have nicer bokeh as it has a 9 bladed aperture rather than 7. also the af-s has internal focusing and does not extend at minimum distance where the af-d extends by about 1 1/2 inches. be aware the af-d version does not have a built in motor, not that you really need one for macro.

Debrus

thank you for your input. I don't really know because I just purchased it from someone on EBAY and will not get it until sometime this week. My son is into photography as well and checked it out and thought it was a good safe purchase so we will see. I know I will be happy with it just will take time to learn how to use it properly. Thanks again and have a great day!