Why my Nikon D600 is not shooting in standard size 6x4?

CLA Photography

Hi,

Just a random Question, I've had a Nikon D600 since Nov 2012 and have been shooting with it a fare bit but using Nikon lens VR 24-70 f2.8 and Nikon VR II 70-200 f2.8.
Last we used it was 2 weeks ago for a comercial 4x4 trip and not sure what happened but a lot of my shots are not in the standard size 6016x4016 - 4x6 they're actually in 6016x3376 more of a Panorama look...
Very strange as we haven't changed the settings and its just random photos that come up in that size, it's not just landscape ones its mixed variety of images...

I tried looking through the settings but can't put my hands on at what's wrong.

Please help me figure out if I'm doing something wrong and what?

Thank you
Lena
CLA Photography

CLA Photography

Hi,

We have used Live View that day for the first time video with the camera to test out and we have take photos through Live View...

But I shall test it out tomorrow to see if that's what it is which I think you're right :)

​Thanks

Horoscope Fish

Live View mode shots default to the 6016x3376 pixes format, I don't know why but they do.

Shoot using just the viewfinder, picture size set to "Large", and you'll get shots at the regular 6016x4016 pixel size.

Edit: Whoopsie... Cross posted! You're welcome. Glad you got everything worked out!

Mrmover

In reading the manual it says the camera will shoot 16x9 in movie mode when filming or taking stills.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

clarnibass

That's weird. I just checked a bunch of photos from the D600 that I took in Live view and they are all the same dimensions as the photos form the viewfinder.

Maybe it's a JPG thing (since I used RAW for my photos)?

Carolina Photo Guy

I'm wondering if that information would be in his owners manual? hmmmmm.......just wondering. ;)

Why on earth would Nikon put any useful information in a manual?
That borders on the insane!
I think that Nikon contacts jdeg and tells HIM all the little tips and tricks of every single camera they have ever made or ever will make. That may be why Nikonites is so popular!
Thank you jdeg for a very difficult job very well done!:applouse:
BWTHDIK?

Pete

BackdoorArts

That's weird. I just checked a bunch of photos from the D600 that I took in Live view and they are all the same dimensions as the photos form the viewfinder.

Maybe it's a JPG thing (since I used RAW for my photos)?

I believe you're right since "Image Size" is a greyed out shooting attribute when you shoot purely in RAW.