Speedlights

FastGlass

For those of you who own a speedlight. Most of us use TTL and or manual and do the trial and error till you get the shot. Well there another trick that very few know about. On a you're camera you have a light meter that evaluates the light and magically adjusts the camera to give a proper exposure. Most speedlights have the same meter. If putting the speedlight on A mode dial in the aperture on the speedlight to that you're using on camera. The speedlight will tell you at what distances the flash can be from the subject to get a proper exposure. For instance. If I set the flash to F5.6 I can have the flash anywhere from 2' to 13'. The meter on the speedlight will do the evaluating its self to put out the amount of light it thinks is right. Works every time. The advantages of using this is if using a trigger such as radio poppers that do not support TTL. This is like another version of TTL. Try it and see how you like it. Most of you might allready know this but allot of people I know do not. Just thought I would share.