Time lapse footage with the D600.

Blade Canyon

I haven't seen anyone really discuss this great feature of the D600. It's so easy to use.

​I've learned it's best to switch the camera to manual focus once you get your shot set up (because the AF will make constant adjustments that are visible in the final footage). Also, for sunrise/sunset time-lapse, be sure to use the manual setting, otherwise the camera will adjust the settings to keep the sky at the same brightness as much as possible.

Here's a video I put together, and you can see some of those very mistakes in it.

Time lapse with Nikon D600 at Dunoir Valley Retreat, Dubois, Wyoming - YouTube

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Nice time lapse. I'll have to give it a try one of these days.

​Thanks for sharing.

BackdoorArts

Nicely done. I have been wanting to but between the camera being in the shop twice for the shutter issue and other things going on I haven't been able to get out and try it. One of these days.

Blade Canyon

What program did you use to stitch all the pictures together or did the camera do it for you?

The camera stitches all the photos together into a movie file. That's the amazing feature on the D 600. I then used Sony movie studio software to take the various movies put them together with the music and the titles.

friedmud

Very cool! I live near Jackson, WY and I've been wanting to try something like those flowing cloud scenes with the Tetons... you've definitely inspired me to give it a go!