Shooting Video?

FastGlass

I just replied to a post concerning which lense to use for video. I answered the question forgeting she mentioned the video part. All my cameras shoot video allthough I've never used them for that reason. I baught the cameras for photography not video. My question is, does the speed of a lense affect shooting video as it does photography. If choosing to open up the lense, do you still get the shallow depth of feild as with photography? Just curious. Never thought about it before.

I just replied to a post concerning which lense to use for video. I answered the question forgeting she mentioned the video part. All my cameras shoot video allthough I've never used them for that reason. I baught the cameras for photography not video. My question is, does the speed of a lense affect shooting video as it does photography. If choosing to open up the lense, do you still get the shallow depth of feild as with photography? Just curious. Never thought about it before.

Works the exact same way. The Nikons do a pretty good job as a video camera. Try it sometime.

piperbarb

I've played around with video on my D7000. I am a total novice when it comes to video. Since I do not have any video flood lights, when I shoot indoors, I have had very good success with my AF 85mm f/1.8 and non-AF 35mm f/1.4. Outside, I have used my 55-200mm zoom lens with some success. If you don't want to hear the lens refocusing, turn off autofocus, otherwise the builtin microphone picks up the whine of the focus motor. Also, use a tripod or monopod if you can. That little bit of body movement can make viewing videos, especially those shot with longer focal length lenses, really annoying.

Have fun playing around with video and figure out what works best for you.