Cabling 3200 to a MacBook Air - Possible?

brads

I have a new Apple MacBook Air and a D3200. I'd like to know if I can cable the camera to the laptop and view images before/after shooting. Probably a big ask for an entry level camera but I can't seem to find the answer anywhere. Cheers!

crycocyon

From Nikon:

[h=3]Wi-Fi for the rest of us[/h] The D3200 and D5200 D-SLRs and the optional accessory WU-1a Wi-Fi adapter; along with the D600 D-SLR and Nikon 1 V2, S1 and J3 models with the optional accessory WU-1b Wi-Fi adapter allows you to take photos with these high quality Nikon digital cameras, NIKKOR lenses and Speedlights, and upload them via an Android™ or iOS powered smartphone or tablet to your computer, to the web or into an email. The app. also lets you access the photos (and videos) on the media card in the respective cameras using your smart device.

[h=3]Remote Control[/h] You can even use your Android™- or iOS-powered phone/tablet as a remote to shoot photos with—allowing you to get into the shot along with your other subjects, or even place the camera in a location to capture wildlife while you snap the shutter from a remote spot far from the wild animals. What’s really fun is that you actually see the same image the camera sees on your smartphone or tablet’s LCD screen—allowing you to shoot at precisely the right moment that you want.

brads

Thanks crycocyon. I've investigated this and it looks just what I need. I'll be very interested to see how the App works on the iPad & iPhone. Thanks again. Brad

ladytonya

I just wish the 3100 came with a USB cable! :(

I'm thinking about getting the camera adapter for my iPad. Anyone have one of those and any thoughts about how usable it actually is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brads

Okay, I've received the WU-1a wireless transmitter and plugged it into the camera. I'd already downloaded the Nikon WMU App for the iPhone and iPad. Once I turned on the camera and then went to the Wifi settings on the iPad, I could 'see' the camera. I chose it and we were all good. Going back to the App, I could now choose to look at Photos on the camera or take a photo. This meant that you could see the live image of the camera, transmitted to the phone or iPad. You can then 'press' the shutter button on the iPad/iPhone to take the photo. A shame that it wouldn't work on the laptop, but you'd need the Nikon App to work on that. Still it's nice to see a large version of the image you're about to shoot.