Do the play and trash buttons feel a bit wobbly on the D800 compared to the D700?

Fashion

I finally got it! One concern though, the Play and the Trash buttons feel a bit wobbly (as well as the AF button on the MB-D12 grip). The other buttons don't feel that way nor do the same buttons on the D700. Anyone else got this? Is this normal? Probably worrying for nothing, I'm a little OCD...

Bill16

If you have all these worries, why didn't you stick with the camera you were comfortable with? I imagine these things vary a little with each camera, no matter the model. Did you buy it used or something? I haven't read all your posts. But if it is used maybe you should have considered a new one with a good warranty, considering you tend to worry a bit.
If everything is working, I wouldn't stress too much.

Horoscope Fish

I finally got it! One concern though, the Play and the Trash buttons feel a bit wobbly (as well as the AF button on the MB-D12 grip). The other buttons don't feel that way nor do the same buttons on the D700. Anyone else got this? Is this normal? Probably worrying for nothing, I'm a little OCD...
What you're experiencing is Nikon's newly implemented WBT or, "Wobbly Bits Technology".

It's a feature.

Fashion

It's brand new! But on a serious note could anyone check if their play and delete buttons also feel different from the other buttons on the camera? I'd really appreciate it. :) If I call Nikon to ask them they will think I am crazy... I know I tend to worry a lot about stuff that I buy but thankfully my perfectionism makes me proficient at retouching! ;)

jwstl

It's brand new! But on a serious note could anyone check if their play and delete buttons also feel different from the other buttons on the camera? I'd really appreciate it. :) If I call Nikon to ask them they will think I am crazy... I know I tend to worry a lot about stuff that I buy but thankfully my perfectionism makes me proficient at retouching! ;)

I think most people who have read this thread will think you are crazy too. Your request is impossible for me to take seriously.

crycocyon

Just checked mine and yes a bit more wobble to them compared to the others. Never really noticed it. As long as they don't fall off I'm happy.

pedroj

It's brand new! But on a serious note could anyone check if their play and delete buttons also feel different from the other buttons on the camera? I'd really appreciate it. :) If I call Nikon to ask them they will think I am crazy... I know I tend to worry a lot about stuff that I buy but thankfully my perfectionism makes me proficient at retouching! ;)[/QUOTE

Freak me out man.....I htnki hte hweesl trun ot....