Wedding Ceremony and after it Photo-Shoot Price Range

gerfoto

Hello all,

I am new in photography, I think I take good shots and I might have a possible wedding photo shoot.

I am just wondering how much you will charge to take pictures during the ceremony and after it.

I will include a 20 pages photo book.

Thanks for your help,

Mfrankfort

Anywhere from 0 to 10,000. Our wedding photographer was around 2k, and we got a handful of unframed pictures (about 10 with different sizes), and a wedding book, and 2 photographers for 8hrs. It really depends on a lot of things. I'm guessing you haven't done many weddings before... If your new to photography.. you better know these people pretty well, and give them a heads up. A wedding is a once in a lifetime thing.. (well.. sometimes twice here in the states) that you really don't want to mess up. Certain things your only going to get 1 shot at taking a picture, so you better make it count. As for price.. that really depends on what the two parties agree.

gerfoto

Thanks Mfrankfort.

I might be with another friend so two photographers.

Do you really notice the difference when shooting with a prime lens(fixed focal length) and a zoom lens ?

Thanks for your help,
G

riverside

How many people at the wedding ceremony and reception? How many people will comprise the immediate families/bridesmaids/ushers? Inside/outside/both? Are you going to be responsible for still and video?

FastGlass

Do you really notice the difference when shooting with a prime lens(fixed focal length) and a zoom lens ?

Not really. Most people can't tell. And if your using a very good zoom, there is no difference.

riverside

Anywhere from 0 to 10,000. Our wedding photographer was around 2k, and we got a handful of unframed pictures (about 10 with different sizes), and a wedding book, and 2 photographers for 8hrs. It really depends on a lot of things. I'm guessing you haven't done many weddings before... If your new to photography.. you better know these people pretty well, and give them a heads up. A wedding is a once in a lifetime thing.. (well.. sometimes twice here in the states) that you really don't want to mess up. Certain things your only going to get 1 shot at taking a picture, so you better make it count. As for price.. that really depends on what the two parties agree.

That's 4x actual shooting time to include post processing time, travel expense/time, equipment depreciation, book and print materials cost which is $62.50/hr for two photographers. You got a good deal.

Photographers doing it for money are no different than any other profession - the reputation makes or breaks you.

gerfoto

That's 4x actual shooting time to include post processing time, travel expense/time, equipment depreciation, book and print materials cost which is $62.50/hr for two photographers. You got a good deal.

Photographers doing it for money are no different than any other profession - the reputation makes or breaks you.
Excellent advice. Thank you so much.

fotojack

The last wedding I did, I used an 18-55, an 18-105, a 55-300 and a 50mm. The whole wedding was outside, up in the Rocky Mountains, in a town called Canmore. It was a beautiful day. I couldn't have asked for better lighting conditions! I also used an SB-700 flash with an umbrella. I can honestly tell you, the bride and her hubby were thrilled at all the pictures that were taken. What I charged them is confidential, as per my agreement with the bride and groom.

Mfrankfort

I would definately bring a zoom or two if you have them. If your shooting a wedding, especially the reception people will be running around and dancing, so a prime might be hard. If your inside doing family pictures where people are just standing where you tell them, you might want a prime with a wide aperture to get that nice blur, even outside. I'd bring a zoom, and a prime or two. Obviously your not going to need the 400mm lenses, so prob anywhere from 24-200 ?