Is the D700 discontinued?

FastGlass

The thing I hate about Nikon is there so fast to discontinue models the new cameras replace. Very frustrating. Canon does the same thing. And I realize its a marketing thing but it still sucks. The D700 may be discontinued but you can still get new ones. If you look hard enough you can still get a new D3s. Just because there discontinued doesn't mean there gone forever.

Krs_2007

That's funny, I looked once before and couldn't find any. They did show one, followed the link and the site said no longer in stock.

Just looked, if that is a good price then they can keep them. 4000.00, wow. Was this the price when they came out.

Last edited:

Krs_2007

Wow, that is a big price jump. Sorry for being wrong to the OP, guess you can find new ones.

Kevin,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Billy Y.

There are new ones on Amazon... took 3 seconds to find...

The new ones on amazon are companies trying to get $3799 for a D700.... took 3 seconds to say "No thank you"

but to answer your question, Nikon has removed them from their current DSLR lineup, which is a shame, so I would say they are "discontinued"

Last edited:

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
The new ones on amazon are companies trying to get $3799 for a D700.... took 3 seconds to say "No thank you"

but to answer your question, Nikon has removed them from their current DSLR lineup, which is a shame, so I would say they are "discontinued"

But you still wish you had one don't you? :suspicion:

Billy Y.

But you still wish you had one don't you? :suspicion:
Well I do! I bought a refurbished 700 just before the 4th. Nikon states that refurbished cameras have been returned to the original manufacturer settings, and just like Nikon's new cameras mine came with a few oil spots on the sensor. :) They cleaned up easy enough though so no worries. It's a great camera, I actually wish I had 2.

Here is my first long exposure with the D700.
http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5334/9228961185_b26d02ca58_b.jpg

Last edited:

carguy

Well I do! I bought a refurbished 700 just before the 4th. Nikon states that refurbished cameras have been returned to the original manufacturer settings, and just like Nikon's new cameras mine came with a few oil spots on the sensor. :) They cleaned up easy enough though so no worries. It's a great camera, I actually wish I had 2.

Here is my first long exposure with the D700.

Wow. Quite an image!! Nice work.