Rammed!

Sambr

D800 & 80-400VRG
leftnright-L.jpg

Sambr

Very nice! I am surprised you were able to close to that distance without spooking them!

These guys are part of a herd of 30 that are literally minutes from my home, which is their nature habitat co-existing on the edge of town. they have been for years & years. I have photographed this herd in all of the 4 seasons.
sageram2-L.jpg

bighorn_e-L.jpg

NDS_2069_tonemapped-L.jpg

STM

These guys are part of a herd of 30 that are literally minutes from my home, which is their nature habitat co-existing on the edge of town. they have been for years & years. I have photographed this herd in all of the 4 seasons.
sageram2-L.jpg

bighorn_e-L.jpg

NDS_2069_tonemapped-L.jpg

So, are these big horn sheep tame enough that they let you get that close or do you have to stalk them?

Sambr

LOL they are from being tame. It's knowing how close you can get without disturbing them or stressing them out. If you cross that line, if your lucky they run off otherwise you will get charged,believe me they are fast. It's knowing their body language as to wether or not you are getting in their "zone". It's the same for most wildlife same idea just the amount of distance between you & them is different.