Canon 70D

Nathan Lanni

I was fiddling around on the B&H web site and apparently managed to get myself on their email list. Yesterday I received this advert to pre-order the Canon 70D. Seems like a nice camera and all but they are asking a body only price of $1,199. Comparing spec's doesn't seem to be in same league with the Nikon d7100.

FWIW

Cheers

Attachments

• 70d Pre-Order.jpg
    70d Pre-Order.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 2,043
Last edited:

AC016

70d has a touch screen, flip out lcd, shoots faster (maybe does not have that buffer issue) and has more croos type focus points. For now, until someone puts the 70d through tests, both cams seem more or less equal. The things i mentioned at the start, don't make a better camera. I think canon has priced it right.

Horoscope Fish

70d has a touch screen, flip out lcd, shoots faster (maybe does not have that buffer issue) and has more croos type focus points. For now, until someone puts the 70d through tests, both cams seem more or less equal. The things i mentioned at the start, don't make a better camera. I think canon has priced it right.
Agreed. The two are very close and, while I'd still give the nod to the Nikon, Canon's price point is pretty spot on. Having gotten used to one on my D5100, the flip-out LCD is the *ONE* feature I sorely miss on my D7100. Put that back, increase the frame-buffer and I'd call my 7100, "perfect".

nikonos

its not even close to the feet of the d7100 ' i go one after one .... touch screen =for what , for it screach and then start to add things to the next photo ? , flip out =maybe help but you not always picture on those wired angles its too much not helpeful, shoot faster =if 1 more fps is what that make you love it then think again the buffer is bigger cuz the picture size is smaller , cross type -19 = nikon got !51! points i say again 51 points that also 19 are cross type with upgrades of the D4 that make it muchhhh better if you talk about double pixel focus or how that canon call it its just check the focus in other way , nikon d7100 got 51 dynamic area af that all the points are communicate each other and only one is focusing its tracking so good you cant imagine untill you use it your self '
and also im not sure its weather sealing like the real slr of canon i think she is not magnesium alloy body the nikon d7100 is got the body of the d800 i think and she is weather sealing

just canon are still one step behind ....

(sorry for my bad English)

RockyNH_RIP

It is obviously a good camera... I think the entire canon line is good.. as is Nikon. I loved my 5100 and now with the D7100 in my hands, I do not believe I will be outgrowing it any time soon.

I cannot speak to which is better... other than to say that the plus's they are plugging are nice but nothing to make me want to jump ship. Once we see it in use and get some good comparisons, then we can really compare. :)

Pat in NH

AC016

its not even close to the feet of the d7100 ' i go one after one .... touch screen =for what , for it screach and then start to add things to the next photo ? , flip out =maybe help but you not always picture on those wired angles its too much not helpeful, shoot faster =if 1 more fps is what that make you love it then think again the buffer is bigger cuz the picture size is smaller , cross type -19 = nikon got !51! points i say again 51 points that also 19 are cross type with upgrades of the D4 that make it muchhhh better if you talk about double pixel focus or how that canon call it its just check the focus in other way , nikon d7100 got 51 dynamic area af that all the points are communicate each other and only one is focusing its tracking so good you cant imagine untill you use it your self '
and also im not sure its weather sealing like the real slr of canon i think she is not magnesium alloy body the nikon d7100 is got the body of the d800 i think and she is weather sealing

just canon are still one step behind ....

(sorry for my bad English)
As was said in my post, the features that I mentioned do not make it a better camera. They are things that the Canon has, but the Nikon does not. The D7100 has a known buffer issue and it has nothing to do with the picture size. Yes, the 7100 has more focus points, but Canon has more cross type. "...so good you cant imagine until you use it your self" > I have a D7100, so I have already used it and seen it for myself. The 70D is weather sealed and no, the D7100 does not have the mag alloy body of the D800. THe 7100 has a mag alloy top and back body plate. The core body structure is polycarbonate/ABS. Sorry, but I don't think Canon is one step behind. I am sure that it will take wonderful pictures when put in competent hands :)

nikonos

nikon also got 19 cross type about the body i will double check that and buffer size its easy fix problem just firmware upgrade that make one card as buffer and the other card for saving pictures BTW at jpeg she can take 100 pictures and also our focus system is taking more area of the frame

body.jpg
if you want to know this is the body!