Malicious

Michael J.

Every time I click on a forum or a thread I get this message

blocked.jpg

Last edited:

Michael J.

No since today - Yesterday was everything O.K. Only if I open nikonites is happened. Yesterday I wasn't at home all day long. Mornig at 5 am. I opend and it pop up. Every tipi9c I click. No other sire I open is this happened.

As you can see on my posted pic it shows ad.yieldmanager.com ..... nikonites.com

So it is not on my browser.

Michael J.

It really only this site - I am not worry but the pop-ups and the voice saying A threat has been detected is annoying very much.

blocked1.jpg

WhiteLight

Think back to see just before this issue started, did you install any new programs? Download any new files from the internet?
or visit some sites which may have harmful content?
Run a virus scan...
Uninstall Firefox & reinstall to see if it solves the problem.
It obviously would not be a problem with the site cos no one else seems to be facing this issue

Edited to add - Avast would have a list of safe websites.
Maybe you can try adding Nikonites to that list?

Michael J.

That could be some setting within your browser. Did you recently upgrade or install any extra spam/ad software.

Kevin I gave a thought of your comment and I came up that I just installed yesterday the epubreader. A friend of mine posted on my board something and I needed in Firefox this extension. Now I deleted and everything is O.K.

Sorry that I posted here before I was thinking by myself. So nikonites I apologize for bothering you

Last edited:

Whiskeyman

Kevin I gave a thought of your comment and I came up that I just installed yesterday the epubreader. A friend of mine posted on my board something and I needed in Firefox this extension. Now I deleted and everything is O.K.

Sorry that I posted here before I was thinking by myself. So nikonites I apologize for bothering you

I'm glad that you've resolved this. How frustrating it must have been.

RockyNH_RIP

Michael, no apologies needed! We are just glad that you got it worked out!

Pat in NH