Waterproof casing

SacrificeTheory

Just bought the D7100 a couple of days ago. Love it! But lately in NJ, it's been raining everyday. I want to take shots in the rain, but I'm worried about damaging the camera. Do you guys know if the camera is good enough in the rain to not get damaged? Is the casing mostly waterproof? Suggestions?

Obviously I'm not going to try and shoot in a downpour, but drizzling, etc. I would.

MrF

Everybody probably has a slightly different definition of what a drizzle is, but I've shot my D7000 in light rain/drizzle before with no issues. I didn't spend a lot of time with the camera out - pull it out, take a photo, put it back in the bag - but long enough to get some drops of water on it. I bought a set of these: Amazon.com: OP/TECH USA Rainsleeve - 18-Inch (2-Pack): Camera & Photo in case I got caught in heavier rain and still wanted to shoot. They don't take up much room in the camera bag, but they're also pretty flimsy. If you're looking to spend a lot of time in the rain, I'd look into something like this: Amazon.com: Kata KT PL-E-702 Rain Cover for DSLR with Up To 70- 200mm Lens Attached: Electronics or this: Storm Jacket SLR Camera Covers. The Storm Jacket brand seems to get good reviews. You can also find similar stuff for $15 or so on Amazon. Hope this helps!

The rain sleeves that Mike suggested are a great addition to anyone's bag. They are cheep and will at least get you finished shooting and back to your car before any real damage can occur.