New - Products in Profile

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
Today we added a new feature to allow you to uniformly add products to your profile. To do so, go to Edit Profile in the Settings menu and scroll down to Camera Equipment

Here you can add your Primary Camera, Secondary Camera, Lenses, Favorite Lens, Flashes, and Other Gear. Currently your camera will display next to your posts. (this may be edited in the future to include your favorite lens) Other fields will appear in the About Me section of your Nikonites profile.

All current Nikon products have been added to the database with the exception of a few. We will be adding more lenses and older cameras as time goes on.

If you wish to add a product you do not see yourself, please use this page:
http://nikonites.com/products/newentry.php

Please post any questions or bugs you see with the new system here.

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
I know you did a lot of work for this feature, but I'm not a real fan of it and actually prefer the old way with a simple list.

fotojack

Only time will tell if this "feature" is worth pursuing. I personally don't see the benefit (if any), but like I said.......only time will tell. Just my 2 cents worth. :)

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
Only time will tell if this "feature" is worth pursuing. I personally don't see the benefit (if any), but like I said.......only time will tell. Just my 2 cents worth. :)

I know you did a lot of work for this feature, but I'm not a real fan of it and actually prefer the old way with a simple list.

I understand sometimes simplicity is better. In this case I wanted a way to connect members with other members that use the same products. I also wanted an easier way to catalog products, review them, compare them, see how much they cost, when they were released, etc.

Some features are still being built, but the basic concept is there. :)