Yongnuo 622N - urgent...

clarnibass

Hi

I'm considering the Yongnuo 622N triggers and trying to figure out if they will do what I want.

For now I'm using a Yongnuo 568EX flash but in the future would add at least one more flash which could be any model from Nikon, Metz or Yongnuo, or whatever will be avaiable when that happens.

What I'm trying to be sure of is whether I could control one off camera flash or more (like no more than two or three) from the camera. Meaning to change zoom, power, etc. of each flash using the camera, so I don't have to physically go to each flash to change them.

Is it also possible to use one flash or more in manual more, control them using the flashes themselves, but triggering them with the 622N? I mean, to not have the 622N change or affect what I chose on the flash.

One more question, in one review I've seen it mentioned that to see if it's in manual or
in TTL mode, there is a light on the trigger that is either orange or gree. I'm colourblind and couldn't easily see the difference (I could side by side, but very difficult when only looking at one). Is this the only way to
tell?

The thing is, if I want to get the 622N I have to order today...

Thanks!

Last edited:

Fred Kingston

To be honest... I'm not seeing a lot of value in those triggers unless you already own a bunch of NON-Nikon compatible lights... and frankly, Nikon compatible lights are now in silly (low) price ranges to obviate the need for those triggers... Yongnuo makes lights lower priced than that trigger that contain Nikon compatible iTTL features that can be controlled from the D600...

davemazz

Clarnibass, did you end up getting them? I am loving them, I posted a few reviews of them, click on the link in my sig if you'd like to check them out, let me know if you have any questions. I used CLS for a long time, and it works very well indoors, but when I went outside with my D90 and SB-700, it was hit or miss if there was any type of sunlight. For 80 dollars, I think it is well worth it.

clarnibass

Hi

I didn't buy them yet and not going to for now. To do what I want with them, they are too cumbersome, to the point that I'd just rather go to the flash to change settings.

An especially critical issue is that to know whether the flash is in manual mode or TTL and control it from the trigger, there is one LED that changes between orange and green. I'm colourblind and that is extremely uncomfortable.

Mfrankfort

I had a quick question about this. I loved your review on them, and actually just left a message, but I think it's faster on here to get a response. haha. I have the D600, and recently got a 568EX. It's awesome, and works awesome. I like being able to control the flash using the commander mode, and being able to change it from "TTL to M", and in "M", being able to change the output from commander mode. Inside the softbox, sometimes depending on the angle, it doesn't register (fire). If I put a 622 under the remote flash in the box, and another 622 on the camera, would I still be able to do the same controls from commander mode, or would I have to use the 622 to control things?

rocketman122

I had a quick question about this. I loved your review on them, and actually just left a message, but I think it's faster on here to get a response. haha. I have the D600, and recently got a 568EX. It's awesome, and works awesome. I like being able to control the flash using the commander mode, and being able to change it from "TTL to M", and in "M", being able to change the output from commander mode. Inside the softbox, sometimes depending on the angle, it doesn't register (fire). If I put a 622 under the remote flash in the box, and another 622 on the camera, would I still be able to do the same controls from commander mode, or would I have to use the 622 to control things?

let me ask your experience but have you had the bounce card come out of its place when you pull it out?
I had the thing come out numerous times while in a wedding and its annoying..and embarrassing!!

also whats your take on the d600 AF speed? can you compare it to other bodies youve used so I can get a feel? my worry is low light on the dance floor and lock speed.
thanks