Shoot RAW > Slot 2 issue

willsy2k

Hi all! Question.

I love the shoot RAW + JPEG to 2x different slots, great feature!

What I am trying to achieve is to shoot RAW to slot 1 and JPEG to slot 2. I have set this up and it works great, the issue I have is that when I shoot EG: Fine only and not RAW it records to slot 1. So at the end of the day when I go home to edit files, I have a mix mash of JPeg and RAW on slot 1 and JPEG only on slot 2. I would like so that if I'm shooting JPEG only it goes to the same card as when shooting RAW & JPEG to different cards.

Make sense? anyone worked this out? Thanks in advance!!! Happy shooting! :) :beguiled:

Horoscope Fish

Hi all! Question.

I love the shoot RAW + JPEG to 2x different slots, great feature!

What I am trying to achieve is to shoot RAW to slot 1 and JPEG to slot 2. I have set this up and it works great, the issue I have is that when I shoot EG: Fine only and not RAW it records to slot 1. So at the end of the day when I go home to edit files, I have a mix mash of JPeg and RAW on slot 1 and JPEG only on slot 2. I would like so that if I'm shooting JPEG only it goes to the same card as when shooting RAW & JPEG to different cards.

Make sense? anyone worked this out? Thanks in advance!!! Happy shooting!
I don't think you can.

Slot 1 is considered the "Primary" location. Slot 2 has some capacity to be assigned, but only according to what you have in the menus. And what you're asking for is not in the menus.

FastGlass

When shooting RAW + JPEG. RAW is always in slot 1 and JPEG in 2. When shooting JPEG only its going to record in slot 1 because that's your primary slot.
You can't change where "JPEG only" goes to. Its not an option. You're going to have to relocate your card into slot 1 to fix your problem.