Picture view help

katychristy11

So I was messing with my camera trying to take a self portrait just to play and some how I changed the settings so that when I hit the view play button there is all the photo information and a thumbnail view of the photo... how do i change it back to the full screen view every time?

RockyNH_RIP

Most likely, with the picture and settings on screen... Hit UP on your little button that (left & right) goes to the next picture. This should toggle you through the settings and after 2 or 3 up clicks, you should be back at just the image. (thats how it works on my 5100)

Pat in NH

KWJams

WoW! What a lucky find. You just happened to stumble upon one of the most important elements needed to master digital photography ---- the image information screen :)

I am sort of joking with you but also serious. Rocky gave you some great info on how to get back to the image display. But the information screen and learning how to read it will be the best thing that you can do to become the best photographer you can be.

Take a shot and look at the information and especially the histrogram. Does it have a well formed mid peak, or is it all bunched up on one side of the screen or the other. If so look at the image information to see what shutter speed and aperture was used. Make some changes to them and take another picture of the same image and see what difference to the exposure those changes make.

Mycenius

Yep, you are often best to look at histogram first not the pic itself. It'll tell you instantly if you have under or over exposed!