July Assignment - Summertime, and the living is easy

Status
Not open for further replies.
summertime 2.jpg
Monthly Assignment: Summertime, And the livin' is easy

Best interpretation on what summertime is all about. And because of what last month's assignment was, No Flowers this assignment. I want people to have fun with this assignment!!

Assignment will run the full Calendar Month of July.

Assignments are designed to help you grow your photography skills and creativity, and have fun doing so. Assignments are to make all of us photographers think outside the box also.

The Rules
  1. Any photo submitted for a monthly assignment must be taken during the month specified in the assignment thread and taken by you! Because not all EXIFdata can be verified, we will use the honor system.
  2. Photos must be posted to the thread in order to be considered for the challenge. Links to photos will not be considered an entry.
  3. Only three photo entries per member, for each assignment, unless otherwise indicated.
  4. Assignments will be judged solely by the panel. Individual voting via post "likes" will be incorporated into the final selection of the winning photo.
  5. Judging criteria is based on the Twelve Elements of a Merit Image.
  6. The panel will select 5 shots to be displayed in the Monthly Challenge forum and homepage of the site.
There will be no cash or prizes awarded for the Weekly Challenge, unless specifically noted by the site administrator.

Any photo will be accepted for the assignment. Edited/straight out of the camera, it does not matter. You are left with complete freedom to do whatever genre of photography you wish to do, and your own interpretation of the assignment subject.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just remember that it is "Best interpretation on what summertime is all about"

Are you going to play it safe and go with the obvious or think outside the box and be unique?

Let's all try and make it a difficult decision for the judges.

Last edited:

BackdoorArts

Drove past the "perfect" image yesterday morning. Realized it 2/10ths of a mile away, turned around to go shoot it and everything changed. Hate when that happens.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Drove past the "perfect" image yesterday morning. Realized it 2/10ths of a mile away, turned around to go shoot it and everything changed. Hate when that happens.

Plus yesterday was NOT in the time frame for this assignment… So, all in all, you at least had an idea. I'm still looking for the inspiration let alone the occasion.:)

Kim20

Well, I guess I am the first to post in this months challenge...
A Day at the Beach.jpg
I call this "A Day at the Beach" lol This is my other half.

Last edited by a moderator:

Carolina Photo Guy

When I think of summertime, I automatically go to barbecue. Invitations extended and cookouts held to reinforce friendships.

This is a plate of ABTs made in my smoker yesterday. ABT = Atomic Buffalo Turds

Jalapeños stuffed with a cream cheese, mozzarella cheese and smoked chicken filling topped with meat candy!

They lasted just about thirty minutes between the wife and I!

Enjoy cause we sure did!

Finished ABTs.jpg

​Pete

FYI... Smoked with Cherry wood at two hundred degrees for two hours.
If you want a less smokey flavor, use mesquite wood for one hour and fifteen minutes.

Last edited:

fotojack

When I think of summertime, I automatically go to barbecue. Invitations extended and cookouts held to reinforce friendships.

This is a plate of ABTs made in my smoker yesterday. ABT = Atomic Buffalo Turds

Jalapeños stuffed with a cream cheese, mozzarella cheese and smoked chicken filling topped with meat candy!

They lasted just about thirty minutes between the wife and I!

Enjoy cause we sure did!

View attachment 43044

​Pete

FYI... Smoked with Cherry wood at two hundred degrees for two hours.
If you want a less smokey flavor, use mesquite wood for one hour and fifteen minutes.

Probably tasty as all get out, but it also looks like a plateful of heart attack! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.