AF Assist Light

Epoc

So I have custom setting a9: Built - in AF Assist illumination set to ON, but no assist light lights up in low light situations. Do you think I have a blown assist bulb or is there another setting I need or something I'm not doing right?

WayneF

So I have custom setting a9: Built - in AF Assist illumination set to ON, but no assist light lights up in low light situations. Do you think I have a blown assist bulb or is there another setting I need or something I'm not doing right?

Read manual for A9 again, carefully, D700 page 290. AF Assist (the one on camera or on speedlight) requires AF-S mode and requires center focus point.

Epoc

Yes I have read the manual Wayne. I have the centre point selected and it is in AF-S mode. No light. I just attached my SB600 and I can see the IR assist working, so looks like I may have an issue.

Last edited:

vindex1963

Yes I have read the manual Wayne. I have the centre point selected and it is in AF-S mode. No light. I just attached my SB600 and I can see the IR assist working, so looks like I may have an issue.

The IR bypasses the assist light when the flash is attached but it does sound like a problem. Never heard of the light going out.