Deer

Sambr

fielddoe-XL.jpg

STM

A nice capture! It (can't tell its sex from this image, not at this time of year) was clearly on to you but apparently did not perceive you as a threat. Contrary to popular belief, a deer's eyesight is not all that good. They rely far more on their acute sense of smell and hearing to detect predators more than their eyesight, which is only black and white. This is why hunters can were orange and it does not highlight them to deer, only to other hunters.

Deezey

A nice capture! It (can't tell its sex from this image, not at this time of year) was clearly on to you but apparently did not perceive you as a threat. Contrary to popular belief, a deer's eyesight is not all that good. They rely far more on their acute sense of smell and hearing to detect predators more than their eyesight, which is only black and white. This is why hunters can were orange and it does not highlight them to deer, only to other hunters.

Off topic but deer can also see blue and somewhat yellow. It is also believed they can see some UV.

Its the reds and oranges that they see as shades of grey. Deer eyes have way more rods than cones. But they do see some color.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

Krs_2007

Great capture and I was wondering what a FX pic would like shooting through that lens. The focus is on her and at 300 it doesn't appear as soft as some of mine from a DX, I know lighting is key for this lens but it does appear to be a better on FX.