Finally got the home studio finished

Geoffc

We now have our home studio ready to play with. The dimensions make it just big enough to get a full length portrait in at 85mm which I'm happy about as I didn't want to go much wider to achieve it. Head and shoulders is not an issue.

Our mobile bench (The unit with drawers in) arrived today as well. We had this made by the guy who did our kitchen and bedroom as I couldn't find anything suitable on the web. The idea is that it can be wheeled into the middle of the room for any macro/still life type stuff and provide 360 degree access.

We are using the pocket wizard mini/flex for the wireless triggers and a Sekonic 478DR to meter and set the flash power remotely. We are using a couple of Nikon SB900 flashes in the softboxes and a couple of manual proline heads. As we get used to the pros and cons we can work out what we need to move to, although the gear is probably not the weakest link!!

We will probably use our D300 and D300s bodies (ISO is not an issue in the studio) unless we need lots of pixies in which case the D800 can come out. I would also like to run them tethered and I have an older version of Lightroom on a laptop which supports the D300 bodies but not the D800. As we are using our Adobe cloud licence downstairs I don't think we want to buy another.

_GEF5692.jpg_GEF5693.jpg

Geoffc

Nice setup, Geoff. I'm wondering....what kind of material is that black cloth?

Thanks Jack. The backdrop is a Westcott rich black background crease free material which is 9' x 10'. It's supposed to absorb light. I'll give feedback if it doesn't work. The problem is my room is only 12' square so I can't put as much distance as I'd like between subject and background to kill light.