Landscape Lenses and Printer

Raf

Good morning guys,

my name is Rafael, I'm from Brazil and I've had an idea that I want to share with you and also hear your advices, since I'm a hobbyist and new in the photography world.
So here it goes: I live in an island, there are more than 40 beaches here and since in summer many people come here, I am seriously thinking about photographing these beaches and sell the photographs ready to be hung in the wall. That means, I need a lens and a printer in order to do that (and I'll learn how to make the wooden frame).
Basically I intend to have a mini fabric at home, so I'll save a lot of money in framing and printing issues.
Which lenses and printers would you suggest?
I have a D90 with the basic nikkor AF-S 18-105 VR and a nikkor AF-S 55-300 VR. But I'll probably need a wide range (prime?) lens, or even a fisheye and a printer that prints big images, such as 50 or even 100 cm, in a good resolution.

thanks,
Raf

riverside

Welcome to the site.

I'd seriously consider the basic end product as a standard 8x10 (20x25 cm) print(s) and a CD of the image(s). That would keep your printer investment at a minimum. People on holiday are somewhat mobile with regard to luggage and tend to avoid accumulation. A print/CD is easy for travelers.

For large prints, framed prints and other options why not offer to have those mailed to their residences so they don't have to cart them around? You're going to require a brochure and those options could be included on it with prices.

With regard to lens, I suggest using your 18-105 until you can determine your most common settings. Do say 100 shots then look at the EXIF data to determine your average.

Good luck with your new venture!