Nikon D60 vs Cannon which camera should i buy?

I want to buy a new camera. I am deciding between Canon Rebel and a Nikon D60. Which one should I buy and why?

Attachments

• 303-1004-1004_a.jpg
    303-1004-1004_a.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 417

eurotrash

No one here can answer that question for you. Go to the store, fondle, lick and drool over each one. You'll know which feels better in your hands, you'll know which one has the abilities you're looking for. A camera isn't a "which one is better" decision. It's a "which camera will enhance and inspire my creativity?" question.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
They are both equivalent depending on which Rebel you are thinking of. Both companies make different models to attract different budgets. Why are you looking at the D60 which is quite old? And which Rebel can you get for the same price. What lenses will you get? The choice of lenses is what you should be looking at. With Nikon, you can still use lenses that were made in the 70s where Canon switched lens mounts around I don't know when, but lenses I had are now useless on digital.

You should be the one deciding. If you have many friends that use Canon and you can borrow lenses with them, it could be beneficial to use the same. Same with Nikon.

Just look at what your budget can buy and buy it. You will want a better camera soon anyway and you can always re-sell and switch brands as long as your lens stable is not too too big.

Best of luck.