Which Manuel Lens for reverse mouth method?

mahmut taş

Hello Guys!
I have a D90 I want to try macro but lenses are realy expensive!
So I want to try it with reverse mount method, I need to cheap, sharp and manuel lens...

You got any advise for me?

Thank you!

STM

I use my 50mm f/1.4 AI reversed on my bellows. The shorter the focal length, the greater the magnification. If you are going to reverse a lens, you should also look into getting a macro rail like this one. When you reverse a lens, you can no longer focus the lens using the focusing helicoid so you must either move the subject, which is often not practical or even possible, or the camera. This allows you to move the entire camera back and forth to focus, as well as side to side for minor corrections in composition.

mahmut taş

Thank you for your all usefull information! I guess 20-35mm focal length will better for me..
Do you know any sharp and cheap Manuel lens for this focal length?

I am on Poland now and lenses cheaper than turkey in here, so I want to buy my lenses from here :)

STM

mahmut taş;162784 said:
Thank you for your all usefull information! I guess 20-35mm focal length will better for me..
Do you know any sharp and cheap Manuel lens for this focal length?

I am on Poland now and lenses cheaper than turkey in here, so I want to buy my lenses from here :)

Unless you plan on using the lens for other things than macro, there is no point in getting an autofocus lens. I suggest you look at a 35mm f/2.8 or even f/2 AIS Nikkor.