wired wireless shutter release not working Yongnuo N3 2.4ghz

Nikon IRL

Purchased Yongnuo Wireless n3 2.4 ghz for remote shutter release off Amazon but they're not working. They're not auto focusing as described or releasing the shutter. If I press shutter release on the camera to half way then press the remote the shutter releases.anybody any info on these units are they faulty or they not compatible with d3100 even though on site, seller state they are. Any help greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

fotojack

Purchased Yongnuo Wireless n3 2.4 ghz for remote shutter release off Amazon but they're not working. They're not auto focusing as described or releasing the shutter. If I press shutter release on the camera to half way then press the remote the shutter releases.anybody any info on these units are they faulty or they not compatible with d3100 even though on site, seller state they are. Any help greatly appreciated.

'Wired wireless'....want to explain that one? It's one or the other.

Another thing I don't understand...why are you pressing the shutter release button on the camera if you're using a wireless shutter release?

One more thing...did you check to see if your particular camera is compatible with a wireless release mechanism? Is there something in the Menu that you have to set up before a wireless release is used? Check your owners manual to see if can even take a wireless release.