My "little world" of Macro.

Just-Clayton

I decided to open my own forum on macro. When I do post the shots I will post the camera and settings. Also I will try to post daily. I will post old stuff if I don't get out to shoot. God knows I have a lot of photos.

Just-Clayton

I went out today several times to find insects and creatures to shoot. I try to get the right shot to be able to sell them. Some just fascinate me to learn about them.
The first time out I found a few willing bees, as long as I stayed my distance. I used my D3100 w/ 85mm macro DX lens, manual mode w/ VR off. ISO-100, S/200, f/14, I used the flash and set it according to the lighting. I used my tripod as a mono-pod since they didn't stay still long enough.
DSC_0860 (640x427).jpg DSC_0850 (640x426).jpg

DSC_0864 (640x428).jpg DSC_0868 (640x461).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

wud

Great :) Beautiful pictures you do. I am waiting for a reverse ring to come by post, to try some macro too.

Just-Clayton

Last year I mentioned these guys. At first I thought they were a pest bug of sorts. If you know me I had to look them up. Come to find out they are the first stage of the Asian ladybug and I was able to see all the stages on one bush the other day. Excuse the 1st picture. He was on the move and this was the only shot. I didn't realize I had bumped the dial and these were shot in A mode. f/16
DSC_0863.jpg DSC_0859.jpg DSC_0861.jpg

Last edited:

Just-Clayton

I did an experiment tonight by using my 85mm and reversing my manual 50mm lens. I need some practice with this one. But, I am proud of what I accomplished.DSC_0080.jpgDSC_0063.jpgDSC_0071.jpgDSC_0072.jpg

Krs_2007

Every time you post I hear a cash register, which is me wanting to buy a macro. Nice shots

Kevin,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Just-Clayton

Went back out after the rain and got some random stuff, from Aphids to spiders and raindrops. I'm still reversing my 50 onto my macro.
DSC_8935.jpgDSC_8877 (800x531).jpgDSC_8882.jpgDSC_8893.jpg

Last edited:

Just-Clayton

I was able to get two shots off of this leaf jumper. I got a sharp focus on his eye and a sharp focus on his body in the other shot. I layered the two and was able to get his eye and body focused. DSC_8968 (800x533).jpg