Hello from South Florida

maximumbuckeye

Hey everyone. My name is Max, and I've lived in South Florida for most of my life. I started college two years ago at The Ohio State University, so I live in Ohio most of the year now. I recently decided to take the plunge into photography as I've been considering it for years. I'm big into the car scenes and I've been working on my Volvo 850 for a couple years now. A lot of my buddies who work on/race cars love photography so I figured I'd join in on the fun.

I decided to start my journey into photography now since I'm going to Yellowstone National park in a few weeks with my family and I would love to take some nice high quality shots of the scenery over there. I purchased a D5000 off of eBay the other day and I am really excited. I intend to photograph mainly landscape, cars (static and dynamic), and action sports (mountain biking and anything else that can get my adrenaline up).

Also, I'd like to learn how to use image editing software. My dad gave me a copy of Photoshop Lightroom, so that is what I intend to start with. I definitely know nothing about that. I intend to learn about photography through DSLR Photography for Dummies and a yet to be decided textbook on Lightroom.

I'm always ready to learn so if anyone has advice for me, whatever it may be about, I'd really appreciate it. Looking forward to hearing from everyone!

​Thanks, Max

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum

If you fill out your profile we can better answer any questions that you might have.
You can do that at http://nikonites.com/profile.php?do=editprofile

Some useful links
http://support.nikonusa.com/app/ans.../nikon-product-manuals-available-for-download
Nikon | Imaging Products | Digitutor

Thanks

Guidelines to adding a photo to your post.

1. Resize photo to 1000px on the long side.
2. Resolution set to 72px

These guidelines will be good for viewing on a computer but will not be good for printing. This will help safeguard your copyright.