A good third party wide angle lens for full frame camera

juan

I looking for suggestion for a decent wide angle lens for my Nikon D600, I own a sigma 70-200mm f2.8,,, can you recommend me a good brand name lens other than Nikon...I'm string photography business, What lens should I have in my bag

jwstl

We need more information. How wide? Do you want a zoom or a prime? What are you going to do with it? I have a 14, 20, 24, 28, and 35 primes as well as the 16-35 f/4 zoom and the difference between 14 or 16 and 35 is huge even though both are considered wide angle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

juan

I'm planing to shoot wedding, sweet sixteen, special events,,, I was looking the Tamron 16-35 f/4 ....is tamron a good brand?

jwstl

I'm planing to shoot wedding, sweet sixteen, special events,,, I was looking the Tamron 16-35 f/4 ....is tamron a good brand?

I don't shoot those type of things but if I did I think I might want a 2.8 lens.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Epoc

The Tokina 11-16/2.8 is a DX lens and unsuitable for FX. Go with Rick's recommendation for FX. Hard to beats its value.

Horoscope Fish

Rick M

Personally, for $150 less and a constant aperture, I'd pit that Nikon against the Tokina 17-35mm f/4 AT-X Pro FX any day of the week and twice on Sunday. I can't say for sure who'd come out on top but I certainly don't think the Nikon 18-35 is "unbeatable".

Really just using a figure of speech, but...,from the reviews I have seen, the new Nikon is sharper across the range. Of course, we all like what we own, so I am obviously tainted :).