shadows

brat101

Does anyone know why when I take photos indoors there is a shadow on one side of the people I am taking pictures of. I have tried no flash and flash all differant settngs nothing seems to work.

Flash or natural light, isn't that the way light works! The side that's in the direct light is brighter than shaded side, that's in the shadow.

Tavia Rose

You have to use a bounce flash...I got a cheap $60 Sunpak flash from walmart. It mounts to the top of the camera..above where the normal flash is....you aim it higher than your subject towards the ceiling or something and it gets rid of the flash.....After playing around with it..I love it..and I'm ready for any inside photo job possible. I can post pics later if you want to see the difference.

Somersetscott

Try shooting with the camera sideways (Portrait instead of landscape) so the on camera flash/ mounted flash reaches around the shadow side. just to see if it helps

SUN/WINDOW........... :cool:(Subject)........... SHADOW - then Flash this side

Or get some tin foil (Not sure what it is called in the US, perhaps aluminium foil) and try to use it to 'bounce' light/flash around to fill the shadows.

I'd practice with a figureen or Cup or something then upscale it for your actual use.

Apologies if you've already tried this.

WhiteLight

I don't understand the problem...
Where there is light, there will be shadows...
Could you post a pic of what you are trying to rectify?