Flash for D7100

donaldjledet

I'm thinking of getting the SB700. Will i have problems with it over heating. On research i read that the SB900
had that problem. So if the SB700 has it also, looking at the SB200 then.
thanks

Dave_W

The Dude
First of all, don't believe everything you read on the internet. The SB700 is an excellent flash unit and the 900 is even better. I know many pro's who swear by these units and unless you're shooting rapid fire for minutes at a time, you'll never have any over-heating problems. In fact, I think your buffer would fill too quickly to allow your flash to get hot.
As for the SB200, it's not much better than your on-board flash and IMO you'd be much better off buying a 700.

Last edited:

RockyNH_RIP

I'm thinking of getting the SB700. Will i have problems with it over heating. On research i read that the SB900
had that problem. So if the SB700 has it also, looking at the SB200 then.
thanks

I have a 5100 and a 7100.. I purchased the Sb-700 and never looked back.. Easy to use, works well and it does not over heat. I have no regrets and it is a quality unit and will function well on your camera!

Pat in NH

fotojack

I'll always recommend the SB-700. I call it an idiot proof flash. :) It's just that easy to use. And don't worry about the overheating thing. Like Dave said, unless you're shooting rapid fire constantly, your buffer won't let it catch up to overheat. In other words....it's not a problem. :) Go forth and buy with confidence. :)

Alx

I recommend the Metz 58AF-2 for Nikon.

Better controls, simpler, does everything the Nikon branded flashes can, plus has secondary forward firing flash tube for fill and eye-catch-lights when bouncing.

Equal quality, German manufacture, less money.