Tokina 12-24mm f/4 AT-X 124 AF PRO DX ........ I couldn't say no. Somebody help me.

TedG954

I am really hooked on ultra-wide. (I'm looking for a 12-step program)

I have a 16-35 for my FX, but I also use my D5100 quite a bit.

I didn't want to spend a lot of money for DX, but I wanted something decent. After my research, I decided to go hunting.

I found a "Buy it Now" for $335 with free shipping. The seller also accepted offers. We settled on $300.

The lens is a bit shorter than my 16-35 and that will make it handy in the Lowepro 102AW bag.

I'll post photos next week, after it arrives.

View attachment 40878

Here's a review.......

The AT-X 124 AF PRO DX 12-24mm AF Tokina lens - Nikonians review article

TedG954

I'm loving my Tok f/2.8 11-16mm ATX but I sure didn't get it for no three-hundred...

Pretty sure that qualifies as theft.

I have to admit that the Tok f/2.8 11-16mm ATX was my ultimate choice (even above the Nikon 12-24), but I couldn't justify the expense in my mind. I was actually pretty patient (which is contrary to my nature) and found a used Sigma 14mm 2.8 prime for $250. After all the reviews, I decided on the NIB Tokina 12-24. AF isn't as crucial with the UW, so that won't be a problem.

When does the madness stop???? :hopelessness:

RockyNH_RIP

I have to admit that the Tok f/2.8 11-16mm ATX was my ultimate choice (even above the Nikon 12-24), but I couldn't justify the expense in my mind. I was actually pretty patient (which is contrary to my nature) and found a used Sigma 14mm 2.8 prime for $250. After all the reviews, I decided on the NIB Tokina 12-24. AF isn't as crucial with the UW, so that won't be a problem.

When does the madness stop???? :hopelessness:

I am thinking it does not stop!! :) The Tok 11-16 is my real desire but I am also buying used and those just do not turn up that often... I almost snagged a sigma 10-20 but it slipped past me...

That is a good price you got... maybe I need to look in that direction also!!!! :)

Pat in NH

Rick M

Ted, I'm with you on the wide addiction :).

I think as most people get more into photography, the overwhelming majority look for something longer as there next lens. Eventually some of us come around to the wide side and find our niche.

Congrats on the new lens!

Joy R

oh i've been finding about Tokina 12-24mm and 11-16mm too and i'm drooling
so, did you find any downsides for 12-24mm TedG954?