A quiet drink....

Ironwood

My new 16-85 turned up today, tested it out while I had a quiet drink.
DSC_0590.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Ironwood

Re: A quite drink....

Thanks Michael. I had fun with it this evening, even though by the time I got home and put it on the camera, the sun had all but disappeared .

This photo is lit by a single led light tube which replaced the 4 foot flouro tube above the kitchen sink. The light is almost directly behind me.

The lens was at 34mm, f4.5, 1.6 seconds, and 100 iso. On a tripod, and I just realised I forgot to turn off the VR.:eek:

FastGlass

Nice. Although i've seen alot of shots of bottles of this or that and notice alot of them the lighting is off to one side so that you don't have glare on the front of the bottle.
Just a thought.

Ironwood

Nice. Although i've seen alot of shots of bottles of this or that and notice alot of them the lighting is off to one side so that you don't have glare on the front of the bottle.
Just a thought.

It was shot that I took without too much thought behind it, as I was just playing around with my new lens.
​You are right, if I had of moved around to the left and set up another LED light to put light on the LHS of the bottle it would have been much better.