Morning Drink

jazman444

I was on my way to one of my best frineds Section Tennis Meet's and I saw this while driving. Passed it at first....slammed on my brakes-made a LEGAL U turn and snapped it.

Tell me what ya think.

Water1.jpg

jazman444

yeah, it looks pretty dang good as a 20 by 30 print hangin on my wall. lol

it was the first photo i have ever gotten printed this large

jazman444

idk how to make it bigger---lol

and i think it looks strait. could it be the edge of the river that is all curvy that is throwing off the lines????

but also the land behind the tree is also higher to the left than it is to the right.

I drove past this place the other day and it looks nothing like that. there is like no water there anymore....well beside some of the river

Last edited:

ohkphoto

Snow White
Very nice shot, jazman. But I agree with the others . . . the horizon leans to the right. If you open it in lightroom, use the crop tool and straightedge --you'll see the shore slants a little. I love the crane/egret on the shore . . . the rays through the trees and the reflection are beautiful. Good thing you made that u-turn, especially since it doesn't look the same today. Was well worth it, even if it were an illegal u-turn.

You might check for dirt/dust on your lens or sensor. I think I see a couple of specks (just below the rays) that don't look like they're a part of the scenery (but then I could be wrong . . . the wind is gusting here to 60 mph, so I probably have specks in my eyes, too)

Best Regards

jazman444

lol....i dont know if its me or what but i honestly cant tell that it is slanted.

but the 2 specks that i think you are seeing are too more cranes

ohkphoto

Snow White
lol....i dont know if its me or what but i honestly cant tell that it is slanted.

but the 2 specks that i think you are seeing are too more cranes

Here's an old art trick when you need a little different perspective on your work: look at the photo as a reflection in the mirror.
Glad you see the specks, too, and that they're cranes and not dirt . . . at least I know my eyes are ok! LOL

Best Regards

jazman444

lol yeah. That wind you had, hit us last night and all of today. Today sucked though cause i was working and it was a harvest moon. I only got to take 2 crappy pics of it cause i was supposed to be takin out the trash, but ran to my car to grab my camera but didnt have time to switch to my zoom lens.