D3200 car power supply?

gojuryu

I have a D3200, and I will be making a road trip in the summer. I would like to shoot some time laps and HD video, but I only have one battery. Are there any ways to connect the D3200 to the car cigarette lighter?

Or is the solution is get more batteries?

Tks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forum

If you fill out your profile we can better answer any questions that you might have.
You can do that at http://nikonites.com/profile.php?do=editprofile

Some useful links
http://support.nikonusa.com/app/ans.../nikon-product-manuals-available-for-download
Nikon | Imaging Products | Digitutor

I bought a car universal car charger for my Nikon battery. Just Google it and I am sure you will find many of them. Here is the first one that popped up for me.

Amazon.com: Nikon D3200 Digital Camera Battery Charger (110/220v with Car & EU adapters) - Replacement Charger for Nikon MH-24 Charger: Camera & Photo

Moab Man

Wife and I looked into this as well. In the end we came to the conclusion the best option was a cigarette light transformer that we could just plug the camera battery charger in to. Then you can use the transformer for all your little electronics while on the road.

Horoscope Fish

You can get a car charger for the D3200 battery like this one from Amazon pretty cheaply.

I have no personal experience with them, but how hard can it be?

Edit: Personally, what I can recommend are replacement batteries from Wasabi. I've used these in all three of my Nikon bodies over the years and they've all been at least as good as the far more expensive Nikon-branded battery.

Wasabi D3200 Replacement ($25!)

Last edited:

nickt

Its always good to have a spare camera battery if that is in your budget.
I also like the idea of the power converters mentioned above. There are nice little ones that plug in your lighter and have a 110v receptacle right on the back of it. But these can be awkward in some cars. Consider a larger one of 150w-200w capacity. These have a cord so the main unit can rest on the floor or center console storage. Some fit in a cup holder. You could charge a laptop on the larger units. Some models also have a usb charge port. Do a search on amazon for "power inverter" to see many models.

STM

By all means get some more batteries. I have a small inverter which plugs into power outlet in my Jeep and converts 12 VDC to 120 VAC. I plug my chargers into it and it works fine.

eidian

I bought a double charger that came with a car adapter. Look up Item Number 271132116322 in eBay. I also bought two encoded after market batteries that work fine with this charger. I have two Nikon batteries that I use in the battery grip and have the after market batteries as backup.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

gojuryu

Thanks for all the ideias i think i will chose de wasabi kit those ebays items from china... the price is great but.. quality????