Teleconverter

kiwi86

Has anyone tested how it works Nikkor 105 mm 2.8 micro with teleconverter TC14E or. kenko or Sigma 1,4 (quality, sharpness)?I have Nikon D800 and i want bigger magnification. I have a feeling that it is a better choice dx body (nikon d5200) instead of teleconverter?

FastGlass

I own this same lense and can use it with my TC17e11 teleconverter. Not sure about the TC14E. I do know that teleconverters will only work with a limited number of lenses.

STM

I have both the TC-14B and TC-300 teleconverters and have had great success with both, the TC-300 especially. Honestly, if you want that extra optical reach, why not look into a 180mm f/2.8 lens? That will save you the loss of 1 stop in maximum aperture.

Phillydog1958

DSC_1508.jpg

I haven't done much macro this season. Here's an old test shot that I took when I first purchased the Nikon teleconverter. The 105mm is also attached. Sorry . . . Wish I had more.

kiwi86

I want very high magnification rations. Nikkor 105 mm +kenko extension tubes is not sufficient for me.Reverse lens method is probably solution.
Which (old-yes i wish with aperture ring) nikon lens recommend.
24 or 28 mm (3:1). Which lens will be compatible with Nikon D800E?
Nikkor 28 mm f/2.8 AIS manual focus? Maybi SIgma or Tamron?
I have nikkor 24-70 but … (changing the aperture). Has anyone tried this combination?