Upgrade from 30D

Feryll

Hello,

I would like to buy a new body. I've sold all my Canon lenses (18-55IS,55-250IS,Tamron 17-50 2.8, I hate everything without ultrasonic af motor) and now I only have my 30D and some m42 manual lenses. I will probably sell my 30D this week.
I mainly shoot landscapes and I am thinking between the Canon 5D (with 17-40L or Samyang 14mm prime) and the D300 (with Sigma 10-20). I'd prefer the D700 but I am a poor university student and I can't pay for that right now. (maybe next summer)
The 5D has only one advantage: FF sensor. It is old, it is not that durable, it has a bad and outdated AF system but the IQ is great and it has good noise performance.
The D300 is newer, it has a great AF system but it has an APS-C sensor and it has a base ISO of 200.
Other than landscapes I occasionally shoot street.

Fred Kingston

What base ISO do you want? Today, the base ISO isn't as important as the max. ISO, and the camera's ability to handle noise at higher ISOs... And with ISO reduction features in just about all post-process software... Noise almost is a moot discussion... DXO's Optic Pro software removes noise up to 100,000 ISO... The D300 would be a great camera for what you want...:)