D800 cant open files in PSE 9

Jennifer

just bought a d800, shot a wedding in raw, downloaded photos to computer, windows vista, cant open images in PSE 9 because 'they are the wrong file type'. Anyone else had a similar problem or can help me ? jen

Jennifer

opens nef files from d3 and d700 no problem, would be a few years old, i thin it may be the size, just loading pse 10, fingers crossed

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
PSE 9 utilized Camera Raw 6.5. If you look at this reference from Adobe, you'll see that you need a minimum of Camera Raw 6.7 or 7.1. Camera Raw 6.7 was introduced with PSE 10.

Silven

This is kind of funny. I just went through all this this morning. Had to do a complete update to CS6 and Elements and load the new complete ViewNX2 as well. After that it was all smooth sailing though. I just went to the Adobe website and found them all. Hope that helps even though I know this thread is old.

Disorderly

Here's what I found with Photoshop: CS5 doesn't support the D800; it predates the camera. But by downloading the trial of CS6 I was able to then use CS5 on D800 NEF files. It turns out that installing CS6 updated the camera RAW files even for the earlier release.

Then I ran into the problem that Camera Raw's Lens Correction doesn't know about the 70-200mm F/4 lens. So I downloaded a trial of Photoshop CC and suddenly my copy of CS5 has the Lens Correction data for the new lens.

So my advice is to download the trial of the latest Photoshop Elements or even Photoshop itself and then see if your current software can work with your new camera. Worked for me!