Which AA battery are you using?

Gladiator

So far i've been using Energizers L91 Lithium $2 dollars each...

Now i feel like making the jump to rechargeables, which ones would you recommend for heavy use as well as extreme weather. (mainly cold)

Any opinions and anecdotes are welcome!

NOTE: Using a D700 with Motor drive.

Gladiator

Eneloops are great.
Just be sure not to charge them on fast chargers.

Is 3 hours considered fast? You see many times on a long trekk i have a small solar panel kit that permits me to charge my camera battery and i'll probably use it for this too. Really handy when you're on some mountain in the middle of nowhere :)

Carolina Photo Guy

Is 3 hours considered fast? You see many times on a long trekk i have a small solar panel kit that permits me to charge my camera battery and i'll probably use it for this too. Really handy when you're on some mountain in the middle of nowhere :)

Using the words "solar"and "fast" in the same sentence is NOT permitted!!!!

Its a contradiction in terms.

Hope this helps.

Pete

Joseph Bautsch

Most of the reviews on chargers I've seen indicate anything one hour or less would be a "fast charge". Most chargers are designed for a two hour charge. A three hour charger is slow. I agree do not use a fast charger. The batteries can over heat and it substantially reduces the battery life.

Ranie

How much mah is the output of your charger?
In my experience with eneloops, I have found that at 200 mah rate of charging, the batteries are just warm. I just leave them overnight then pick them up in the morning.

Gladiator

How much mah is the output of your charger?
In my experience with eneloops, I have found that at 200 mah rate of charging, the batteries are just warm. I just leave them overnight then pick them up in the morning.

Hmm that's a good question, i'll have to find that out, then again i'll get 24 hours daylight in the high arctic :)

fotojack

Definitely Eneloops. I use the 2000 mah ones for my flash. I just heard they have a new one out now, at 2500mah. Sweet! Best AA battery on the market