Bags for the front (chest) ??

Gladiator

I need some help from fellow nikonites.

I mainly do outdoor photography (wildlife and landscape) and many times i'm trekking for up to a week autonomously, meaning i already have a full 60 to 80 pounds of gear in my backpack. Now, is there a good quality bag out there that i can use in the front since there's no room out back and can't afford to drop all that weight just to get access to the equipment.

Any opinions or suggestions would be gladly welcome.

Thanks

Last edited:

LensWork

It sounds like you already have a backpack, and are only looking for a chest pack for the photo gear, but here is a complete solution that is quite unique:

Naneu Pro Adventure K5

It's an 85 liter hiking pack that has a dedicated camera pod that can be either stowed inside the pack, clipped to the front straps to be worn as a chest pack or worn independently using it's own built-in backpack straps. The zippers are of a waterproof type and in addition to the packs water-resistant material, there is also a built-in rain cover. It also has a tripod carrying system built-in.

Ranie

Those look great as well i'll check them as well, as long as i can get some waterproof sleeve since it might rain a full day and we still walk that option is important and i see they do offer an all weather cover, bought separately, so as Thinktank bags come with it.

Thanks for the info.

Lowepro AW series comes with the all weather cover already.

Gladiator

Thanks for the tip, yes i already have a backpack and a good and comfy one. I checked the LowePro above and it seems a bit big, heck even waterproof fanny or toploader are inexistant, only 1 i found is one for fishing lol. I'll go and try to find them tomorrow at my usual store.

It sounds like you already have a backpack, and are only looking for a chest pack for the photo gear, but here is a complete solution that is quite unique:

Naneu Pro Adventure K5

It's an 85 liter hiking pack that has a dedicated camera pod that can be either stowed inside the pack, clipped to the front straps to be worn as a chest pack or worn independently using it's own built-in backpack straps. The zippers are of a waterproof type and in addition to the packs water-resistant material, there is also a built-in rain cover. It also has a tripod carrying system built-in.

Gladiator

Lowepro AW series comes with the all weather cover already.

Yes, the stuff-away cover is waterproof, but the part of the pack that sits against your belly is not. Rain runs down your jacket, into the foam of the waist pack, and eventually into the interior. I've almost totaled the contents of a pack while wearing it during an all-day rain.

Ranie

Yes, the stuff-away cover is waterproof, but the part of the pack that sits against your belly is not. Rain runs down your jacket, into the foam of the waist pack, and eventually into the interior. I've almost totaled the contents of a pack while wearing it during an all-day rain.

I have the Toploader Pro and the all weather cover is wrap around. Not only in the front part but also the the back part which makes contact with your body. The only thing not covered are the straps.

Gladiator

I have the Toploader Pro and the all weather cover is wrap around. Not only in the front part but also the the back part which makes contact with your body. The only thing not covered are the straps.

Oh! I guess they fixed that then uh. Thanks again!

M.Hinch

Thought that might be the case. I new having the extra weight on your hips would be perfect, for what sounded like alot of hiking. Tried to come up with an idea around it, but I couldn't, stupid zipper. Sorry.

Michael

Gladiator

I sent a message to their design team about the top zipper :) They'll look into it since i'm not the first one complaining about it, as i said besides that those bags are awesome, you can feel the craftmanship and ruggedness.

Thought that might be the case. I new having the extra weight on your hips would be perfect, for what sounded like alot of hiking. Tried to come up with an idea around it, but I couldn't, stupid zipper. Sorry.

Michael

LensWork

I sent a message to their design team about the top zipper :) They'll look into it since i'm not the first one complaining about it, as i said besides that those bags are awesome, you can feel the craftmanship and ruggedness.

That top zipper is a holdover from Doug's (Doug Murdoch, Founder & CEO of ThinkTank) days at Lowepro. The Lowepro Sideline Shooter I have has that same top zipper, and I have never found it useful.