Sigma 150mm f2.8 APO Macro DG EX HSM

WhiteLight

Does anyone have this?
Seems to be a beauty, though people say focus is quite slow...

I am just about to pick up a Nikon 105mm 2.8g micro..
This popped up in more places than one, so wondering if this is worth considering & if there is anything to trump over the Nikon 105...

Thanks!

evan447

i have the sigma 150mm (non os) and the nikon 105mm.
the sigma has the nicer bokeh and longest working distance for macro, both are good and sharp.
the nikon "breathes" when close focusing causing the user to recompose the shot, the sigma does not.
the sigma comes with a tripod/monopod mount. the nikon does not and cant be fitted with one.
all macro lenses as far as i know are slower to focus than more "normal" lenses, but then again most macro photographers use manual focus, or move the camera to get things spot on.
i use my nikon 105mm for bugs that arent too timid, plants and flowers. i use the sigma 150mm for butterflys and dragonflys.
​no real favourite, each has a different use.

micloi

It all depends on what you want to shoot and on which body.

I have the 150mm which I use on the D800e for butterflies and dragonflies (sometimes with the 1.4x TC) and the 70mm which I use for flowers either on the D800e or the D7100

WhiteLight

Great inputs guys.. thanks..
i intend to use this only for macro photography...insects, flowers, products etc..
at the moment i have 2 DX bodies - a D5100 & a D7000.. though i would be upgrading to full frame some time...

There is a slight price difference, but that should not be a problem if it makes up with quality...