Different portraits

wud

I did several portraits this weekend, all money went for a dog club (renovation and so on) - I saw this as an excellent chance for some free advertising. Its was pretty successful, I am done with the pictures from saturday and emailed around 35 pictures to different owners (some wanted more than 1 picture - one even wanted 6 different pictures, phew).

It was very fun and I learned a lot! Weather could definitely been better saturday, hard and bright sun, but until 3 o'clock we could still be okay in the shade. Sunday were WAY better, bright but cloudy.

A few wanted a picture with owner and dog, thats is something I seriously need to get better at. I'll post one for critique later on. I got one I'm happy with though, posting it here.

This is just some of the pics from saturday and a single one from sunday, I hope you'll like them :)

(Sorry if Im spamming you!)

I am CRAZY about this first picture, the owner said I spot on caught them just as they are. Look at those faces! Amazing :eek:

daf_dag_1_3598_web.jpg

daf_dag_1_3696_web_copy.jpg

daf_dag_1_3790_web.jpg

nd3_4757_web.jpg

daf_dag_1_3552_web.jpg

daf_dag_1_3836_web.jpg

daf_dag_1_3436_web.jpg

daf_dag_1_3550_web.jpg

daf_dag_1_3761_web.jpg

daf_dag_1_3492_web.jpg

daf_dag_1_3885_web.jpg

Last edited:

RockyNH_RIP

Wud, they are all good... pets are tough sometimes!! The first is amazing in how the 3 all posed so proper for you! Good Job!

Pat in NH

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
The backlight in the last shot is absolutely stunning. This is a winning shot for sure. I also love the look of the 3 dogs in the first shot but the light isn't as magic as the last.

​Nice shots !

wud

The backlight in the last shot is absolutely stunning. This is a winning shot for sure. I also love the look of the 3 dogs in the first shot but the light isn't as magic as the last.

​Nice shots !

Thank you :) Very happy about that one too. Even though it was difficult with all this sun, I did get a lot of different opportunities, I am going through sunday now and most of them are perfect balanced and need almost no post processing, but I didnt have all that sun to play with.

wud

Wud, they are all good... pets are tough sometimes!! The first is amazing in how the 3 all posed so proper for you! Good Job!

Pat in NH

Pets are "easy" - people are tough! For me. Guess its pretty clear what I do most, lol.

Epoc

They are lovely shots but for me, the ones where the dog actually has eye contact with the camera take the cake.

wud

Thanks for your kind words!

As always I ALWAYS enjoy your photos. The three are great. The only ones I was not blown away with are the B&W ones. But I am not a great fan of B&W.

Thank you very much. No my husband dont like b&w either, lol. I only made 2 or 3 all in all, I do love colors too.

fotojack

Seems to me you have a great career ahead of you in animal shots. Your dog shots are outstanding (the ones facing the camera, that is :) ). Have you considered horse shots?

wud

Seems to me you have a great career ahead of you in animal shots. Your dog shots are outstanding (the ones facing the camera, that is :) ). Have you considered horse shots?

Uuuh I sure hope you are right. I really wish to work a lot with animal photographing, especially dogs.

I have never photographed a horse and I really dont know much about them. But as most animals, I like them. They seem curious but (most of them) so calm, almost zen. My dog-doctor got a beautiful brown spotted horse, Im sure she'll let me try some pictures, so maybe I should bring my camera next time. Good idea :)

Carolina Photo Guy

I have never photographed a horse and I really dont know much about them. But as most animals, I like them. They seem curious but (most of them) so calm, almost zen. My dog-doctor got a beautiful brown spotted horse, Im sure she'll let me try some pictures, so maybe I should bring my camera next time. Good idea :)

Think about horses in this way...

They are just like really big dogs that you don't want jumping up in your lap! :cool:

​Pete