Hello from Wisconsin!

jazman444

Hi, My name is Justin and im from a little town in the middle of no where in Wisconsin. :D

Well the begining of how i came to find the Nikon D3100 wasnt a pretty one. I had just bought a new sterio for my car with a price tag over $1000. 3 weeks after putting it in my car got broken into. Insurance gave me $1300 for everything to go buy new stuff or to keep. I replaced some stuff. and had about $700 left over. I was talkin to a buddy and he said he was gettin a D5000 and he got me hooked on the idea of getting a better camera---mind you i was using a Kodak EasyShare for my photography needs.

well I have had my D3100 since a week after it came out. I loved it within the first day! I was just takin pictures of my highschool swim meet and even took my buddies senior pictures. I posted them on facebook for all to see...and the next day our yearbook adviser came up to me and was like, "Is there a possibility of you lettin us use your pictures." I was like sure whatever--cause i didnt think they were really all that. She then asked if I could take pictures for all of this years winter sports. I said sure why not, it could be fun. So thats where buying a new lens came in. I got the 70-300mm f/4-5.6G AF Telephoto Zoom-Nikkor Lens---after recieving i noticed that the AF didnt work. So yeah, thats how I fell in love with this very addicting and expensive hobby. I mean it is starting to pay for itself cause i have been doin a good amount of peoples senior pictures.

Welcome Justin!
This is a great place to share and gain fantastic advice and tips from a bank of knowledgeable Nikonites!
Enjoy and have fun exploring!
Look forward to seeing your work too!
Cheers,
Laurie Anne
(From somewhere in the middle of nowhere in Queensland, Australia! LOL)

ohkphoto

Snow White
Hello, Justin, and welcome to the forum! You'll get a lot of help here if you need and answers to questions you might have. Good for you for jumping in with the photography. I encourage you to check out some of the categories such as photocritiques, etc. you'll find some excellent photos that might give you ideas for you senior and sports photos. It's a great hobby that can easily become a passion!

Looking forward to seeing some of your pics! Happy shooting, from the high deserts of New Mexico!

jazman444

Thanks everyone

Im likin this site alot already. Been seeing alot of awesome pictures. and i already learned what lens i need that will AF with my D3100.

I was all set to take an amazing picture today...I knew right where it was gonna be, just had to wait till the sun got a little lower in the sky. I thought i was gonna be gettin out of my meeting with the army recruiter at like 6(which is right about sunset here) but i didnt end up gettin out of there till 7. so hopefully tomorrow i can find some time to run up to the spot i wanna take it.

Joohn

Welcome to the real photography world. You are absolutely in right place. Start sharing your good work with us. Lets learn / improve together

Joseph Bautsch

Hello Justin and welcome to the Nikonites Community. You are already finding out that the people here are friendly and ready and willing to talk about their Nikons. If you have questions or problems there is probably someone here who can help out.