Hello From Alberta

StandsOnToes

DSC_0276_059DSC_0276JPEGforum.JPG DSC_0115_061DSC_0115JPEGforum.JPG DSC_0806_060DSC_0806JPEGforum.JPG

DSC_1375-2_062DSC_1375-2JPEGforum.JPG DSC_2483_063DSC_2483JPEGforum.JPG DSC_0088 (2)_064DSC_0088 (2)JPEGforum.JPG

Hello from the greatest Canadian Province!!!! hehe

I can't believe I didn't find this site sooner.....

About me:

I'm 25 years old

I work in Well Servicing for a living.

I spend my spare time hunting, hiking, camping, fishing, horse riding, snowboarding, ...and walking my dog.
So...expect a lot of outdoor photo talk from me.

About my gear:

D7100
D5100 (busted hotshoe...fall damage)

8mm fish eye
50mm f1.8
18-105mm
55-200mm

SB-700

Lightroom & PS & Gimp

Olympus Stylus Tough for the times when a DSLR is cumbersome...

About my shooting style (if you call it that):

I hang out outside a lot so 90% of my images are out of doors, I like nothing better than a nice wide landscape. Lately I've been quite fond of snapping pics of animals and birds...and my hound dog.

About my journey in photography:

I started out with my dads 35mm film Pentax snapping pics of us doing our hunting thing waay back in the Alberta mountains. We only hunt big horn sheep (considered by many as "hardcore" hunting ). I don't think so... you really just need to know how to climb a mountain and saddle a horse). You can expect some wicked high country mountain shots from me in August to Novemeber..

After that Pentax I got my own Olympus..ultra zoomy...digital point and shoot. I started thinking more about what I was doing and learning a bit more about photography (enter the rule of thirds era lol)

Then awhile back I picked up a D5100 to take on our annual sheep scouting trip in June, so that I could get some "good" shots of my aging father in his element..they had to be good, right, so I bought a "big" camera.

Some of those shots turned out good mostly by luck I think...

I started taking that camera with me every time I took my dog for a walk at the local off leash park... and I fell in love with taking photos.

So I've just been growing from there, slowly upgrading my kit and developing skills...hopefully this forum will help me out with the latter :)

Here's some of my recent stuff:

Last edited by a moderator:

Roy1961

Contributor
yes you did, great shots, you can make them larger by double clicking on them and choosing a new size

fotojack

From another Alberta boy.....welcome to Nikonites. Nice choice of camera ya got there. Great shots! :)

Are you in Calgary, Canmore, Okotoks, Cochrane, Banff, Red Deer? Where? :) Alberta's a big province.